97+ Point MUST HAVE Cabernet from the smallest Napa Vineyard

The Depiction winery is owned by Sebastian and Estelle Lane. Sebastian is a seasoned barrel cooper and well-regarded real estate agent in the Napa Valley, with wine industry connections going back several decades. Estelle has been the Guest Relations Coordinator at Opus One since 2002. So you can say, Napa Valley is in their blood. The first Depiction Cabernet release was in 2012.  Sadly, with only 1 acre under vine, they only produce 100 cases of Cabernet each year.

The Vineyard: The Depiction Vineyard was planted in 2000. The site is just over one acre and is densely planted with only three feet between the vines. 92% of the vineyard is comprised of three different clones of Cabernet, and the other 8% is planted to Petit Verdot. The site is surrounded by some of the most amazing and sought-after Napa Valley vineyards. The Depiction vineyard is contiguous to Hayne and Anomaly and in the immediate vicinity of Beckstoffer Bourne and Las Piedras, Levensohn, and Marciano located on the West side of St Helena.

Depiction 2019 “Estate” Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena
GGWC 139.99
FREE SHIPPING on 6 or more
Use code DEPICTION during checkout

FMW 97+ Points: "The 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon is an amazing wine, that is loaded with black stone fruit flavors and high-spirited nuances of complexity. The 2019 Cabernet offers up an intense structure, showcasing a beautifully silky and inviting texture. This youngster has everything in the right place, and the wine continues to grow on the palate. Although the wine can be appreciated now, it could certainly benefit from a year or two in the cellar,  and will surely age gracefully for decades."

Winemaker Notes: “The 2019 depiction possesses more copious freshness than any recent depiction, owing to the cooler nights of the 2019 growing season. This is an exuberant wine that has a long life ahead of it. Delicious with a  decant now, it will reward the patient in the coming years. Lifted plummy aromatics give way to mixed berry compote, kirsch, and shortbread notes on the palate. Telltale talc tannins and black cherry overtones confirm the pedigree and typicity of the vintage in the lineage of depiction releases.“

Click here or on the links above to order!
Call 415-337-4083 or email frank@goldengatewinecellars.com for availability and priority allocation!