Our last Pinot Noir Blind Tasting of year concluded with a surprise winner. We lined up the following great Pinots from California & Oregon:
- Brickhouse “Les Dijonnais” (95 Points)
- Morlet “Coteaux Nobles” (96 Points)
- Brewer Clifton “Hapgood” (95 Points)
- Rhys “Alpine” (95 Points)
- Liquid Farm “Spear” (95 Points)
- Kistler “Cuvee Natalie Silver Belt” (96 Points)
- Dumol “Finn” (95+ Points)
- Beaux Frères “The Upper Terrace” (96 Points)
- Senses “MCM88” (95 Points)
- Capiaux “Pisoni” (94 Points)
The WINNER was Capiaux “Pisoni” by a landslide!
Capiaux 2016 Pisoni Vineyard Pinot Noir, Santa Lucia Highlands
FREE SHIPPING on 6
Use code CAPIAUX during checkout
Pisoni Vineyard’s reputation precedes itself so what if left to say? The 2016 appears darker than usual leaning to the purple spectrum. Old World aromas of earth, carbon and restraint. As it broadens in the glass, black fruit, toasted nuts, currant and even rum raisin emergs. Bright acidity, fine tannins.
The 2016 Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard is sensual, racy and inviting. Silky tannins and a creamy palate feel yield a Pisoni of unusual finesse, which is quite remarkable for a site that in the past has tended to produce much darker and more potent wines than this. Hints of violet, lavender, spice and a dash of new oak add shades of nuance.
Click here or on the links above to order!