On June 17th we celebrated Golden Gate Wine Cellars’ 12th Anniversary. For this occasion, we took our celebration on the road to the Big Apple and organized a Tasting Bash at the New York City Fire Museum, greeting 300 of our clients, some from as far away as Japan, Canada, Texas, Tennessee, California, Washington, and others closer, Connecticut, New Hampshire and the NY surrounding area. We poured 80 new releases with the help of 35 winery owners, winemakers, and winery representatives who all flew in from California (a big thank you to them as well!) The lineup of wineries was amazing and the quality of the wines top notch.
While not one wine disappointed, many did show amazingly well. All wines are still available for sale (while supplies last). Below are the Top 10 results of our tasting event.
The Top 10 wines were:
1. MC4 2014 CABERNET SAUVIGNON, ESTATE, ST. HELENA NAPA VALLEY
2. BENCH VINEYARD 2014 CABERNET BLEND, ESTATE STAG’S LEAP NAPA (INAUGURAL RELEASE)
3. YOUNT RIDGE 2015 SAUVIGNON BLANC, ESTATE, OAKVILLE
4. (tied) POST PARADE 2014 CABERNET SAUVIGNON, NAPA VALLEY 95 POINTS PARKER
4. (tied) QTR 2014 CABERNET, ESTATE – HOWELL MOUNTAIN, NAPA VALLEY
5. DUMOL 2015 PINOT NOIR RUSSIAN RIVER VALLEY
6. MILANGE 2016 ROSE OF PINOT NOIR, SANTA BARBARA
7. COHO 2012 “C-2” NAPA VALLEY
8. YOUNT RIDGE 2014 CABERNET “ESTATE” OAKVILLE, NAPA VALLEY
9. SHIBUMI KNOLL CHARDONNAY, RUSSIAN RIVER VALLEY
10. SHARED NOTES 2015 “LES PIERRES QUI DÉCIDENT” SAUVIGNON BLANC, RUSSIAN RIVER VALLEY
I also wanted to say thank you to Bruno’s On The Boulevard (www.brunosontheblvd.com) for catering our event, which went of without a hitch. Also to Riedel Glassware for assisting me with the great quality wine glasses I was able to rent, and to Murray’s Cheese (www.murrayscheese.com).
I cannot forget the most important person, my wife Crystal, to whom I owe a big thank you and a lot more for supporting me in my endeavor and for all the assistance and love over all these years, and my daughters Milayna and Angelina for being great assistants handing out programs and glassware.
A very humbled,
Click here or on the links above to order!