In a blind tasting of Malbecs from Argentina, Chile, France and California, our localSaracina winery came in second in a pack of 50! Not bad for our small producer! Saracina is made by consulting winemaker David Ramey from single vineyards on their Mendocino Estate.
These wines received FIVE STARS from the panel
(98) Altamira Navigato Grand Reserve Malbec 2008 (Argentina $52)
(97) Saracina Malbec 2011 (California $29.99)
(96) Susana Balbo Malbec 2012 (Argentina $37)
(95) Lionel Osmin Cahors 2011. ($25)
(95) Chateau Nozieres Ambroise de l’Her Cahors 2010 (France $25)
(95) Decero Malbec Remolinos Vineyard-Agrelo 2011 (Argentina $23)
(94) Achavel Ferrer Finca Bella Vista 2010 (Argentina $100)
(93) Altamira de los Andes, Reserve Malbec 2009 (Argentina $45)
(92) Salentein Numina 2012 (Argentina $43)
Saracina 2011 Malbec “Skid Row” Estate Mendocino
Retail 32.00 – GGWC 29.99 FREE SHIPPING on 12+
use code SARMAL upon checkout
Black garnet colored, the nose on this wine reveals notes of blueberry, plum, tobacco and tamari. The palate is layered and sappy, with moderate, supple tannins. The wine finishes elegantly, a deep, well balanced Malbec crafted for immediate enjoyment but structured enough to ensure mid-term ageability. Some call Malbec the “new Merlot,” and the elegant and soft, sunny California-style Skid Row Malbec fits the bill.
Also check out these other great wines from Saracina winery: