In a recent blind tasting of 2008 Proprietary Red blends the modestly priced Bridesmaid Red beat out some very well-regarded names in Napa.
The line-up included:
- Pahlmeyer Proprietary Red (93 Pts Parker $130.00)
- Opus One (92 Pts WS $ 200.00)
- Arietta Proprietary Red H Block Hudson (95 Pts Parker $120.00)
- Behrens & Hitchcock Ode To Picasso Proprietary Red (94 Pts Parker $75.00)
- Coup de Foudre 37 2 Cuvee (94 Pts Parker $ $95.00)
- Dominus Napanook (93 Points Parker $50.00)
- Gemstone Proprietary Red Wine (94 Pts Parker $130.00)
- Bridesmaid Proprietary Red (94 Pts GWC $39.99)
The Bridesmaid name comes from the more serious analogy between a First Growth Bordeaux and the next level Appellation blend. Pam and Drew took the more whimsical aisle of what the Bride is to the Bridesmaid: left of center, sexy and totally available! Pam Starr garnered her inspiration for this wine while working at such celebrated wineries as Spottswoode, Gemstone, and now her own label, Crocker & Starr. Meanwhile, Drew Neiman has kept his winemaking skills sharp with the creation of Neiman Cellars and stints at Newton, Kongsgaard, and Chateau Boswell.
Bridesmaid 2008 Proprietary Red, Napa
Retail 44.00 – GGWC 39.99 (FREE SHIPPING on 12)
Use the discount code “BRIDE08RED” during checkout.
A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon 30%, Merlot 29%, Malbec 18%, Cab Franc 14%, Syrah 7% & Petit Verdot 2%. Blue and red make purple, right?! Dense color for the eyes and profuse berries and flowers greet the nose. Black cherry, blueberry, red rose petals, pipe tobacco all knit together for this big juicy mouthful. Oh so smooth finish with lots of length. All in this is a very seductive wine.
Click here or on the link above to order!